Great North Run
September 8 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Sunday 8th September 2019
Support Carer Support South Lakes in the Great North Run!
Throughout the year many incredible people raise money for Carers from holding bake sales to taking on a personal challenge. Whatever you do, you never cease to amaze us with your generosity and determination!
We have a team of five runners taking part in the Great North Run this year, one of the most popular half marathons in the world.
Last year’s team raised almost £3,000! This money has been used to continue supporting unpaid Carers in South Lakeland. Here’s how your money helps…
- There are 166,363 Young Carers in England.
- 54% of Young Carers are under the age of 14.
- 1 in 12 Young Carers is caring for more than 15 hours per week.
- Carer Support South Lakes is committed to running activities, clubs, outings and holidays to give Young Carers the chance to be young people, free from their caring responsibilities.
- It costs almost £10,000 a year to run our groups.
- You can help us to make a difference to their lives.
Donate to the Great North Run Team today and make a change. Watch this space… a Virgin Money donations link will be added soon.